REPETITIVE PHRASE STORIES
WHAT ARE THEY?
They are stories where some words, phrases or sentences are repeated several times in order to help the readers or listeners follow the story better or engage their attention easily
WHY USING THEM?
• Because telling them is a quick and efficient way to engage students with limited verbal skills.
• Telling this kind of stories can result on natural language acquisition.
• They are easy to remember, so the students can retell them.
• They constitute an effective way to teach complex vocabulary or structures since they can be constantly repeated in the story.
• This kind of stories is not passive at all.
• There is always something for the children to do while the story is being told.
• It increases the level of comprehension in students especially those who have difficulty with reading
HOW TO USE THEM?
• Adapt the story to the age and level of the students.
• Use visual aids when telling the story.
• Involve students in the story as much as possible. Using “listen and join in” activities always has good results.
THE GREAT BIG TURNIP
VIDEO : https://youtu.be/ysPxSHHE8Lg
STUDENTS’ PERFORMANCE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boufT9tU44g